I was searching for fun tags and found one here. Chocolate? Books? Yes, please!
1) Dark chocolate: a book that covers a dark topic
Animal Farm is dystopian and painfully hopeless. A lot of us have studied this in school but if you haven’t read it, it’s about how a dictatorship slowly and surely gains absolute power.
2. White chocolate: your favourite lighthearted/humorous read
I like to read the Percy Jackson books. While they might not always be called “lighthearted”, as Middle grade, they’re significantly less dark compared to many other fantasy novels, and they’re definitely humorous! The modern culture references are fun to find.
3. Milk chocolate: a book with a lot of hype that you’re dying to read
I’d like to read The Mortal Instruments series and something by Rainbow Rowell. But all in all, I’m not dying too much for any book right now.
4. Chocolate with a caramel centre: a book that makes you feel all gooey in the middle while you read it
Maybe, A Little Princess, by France’s Hodgson Burnett. It’s a sweet story.
5. Wafer free kit kat: a book that has surprised you lately
Murder on the Orient Express, by Agatha Christie. I should have expected a clever solution to the mystery and I did. Still, I couldn’t help feeling mind blown at the end.
6) Snickers: a book you are going nuts about
I love The Book Thief. I read and then reread it last year and maybe I’ll read it again this year. Seriously, I could read it over and over.
7. Hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows: a book that you would turn to for a comfort read
Pride and Prejudice. It’s great for laughs, romantic, all around quite happy, and never boring. I look to this book for an example of good pacing.
That gooey question was hard. I should read more gooey-fying books! Any recommendations?