I found this tag on Musings From Neville’s Navel. Ultimate book tag? Yeah, it caught my eye.
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
No. But I don’t often read there because I like to look at the scenery and it can be pretty dark there.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Markus Zusak has a very unique, poetic, and distinguishable style. Sigh. It’s so beautiful.
3. The Harry Potter series or the Twilight Saga? Give three points to defend your answer.
I haven’t read either series so I’m not qualified to say.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what’s in it? (Besides books!)
No. I think I’m significantly less bookish compared to a lot of other bookworms.
5. Do you smell your books?
Not really. When they’re really new and smooth with lovely covers, I might, just because I’m so in love with the book, but not in general.
6. Books with or without illustrations?
I prefer no illustrations, but there are always exceptions.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later that it wasn’t quality writing?
I won’t say it’s not quality writing but the Narnia books definitely don’t have the same magic they had for me three years ago. I find myself getting bored and feeling patronised and the racist and sexist undertones are a little troubling.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
This might not really be funny but I used to always get dreams about libraries. I reckon it meant I wanted to go to one so badly, because after all I *did*.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelves?
The Machine Stops, by E. M. Forster. It’s a book with only two short stories. I love that cover.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelves?
Novel? If so, The Pilgrim’s Progress. If it’s just any book, then it’s my French for Fluency textbook.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself as an author in the future?
Definitely. I write and I would love to get published in future.
12. When did you get into reading?
I remember reading when I was five (I was trying to read a novel – Madeleine Takes Command!) but I may have begun earlier. Probably, if I was already trying novels.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
I love Les Miserables. A Tale of Two Cities and The Count of Monte Cristo are amazing too.
14. In school, was your best subject Language Arts/English?
It was religious studies. English/Literature came second, though.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated… what would you do?
I’d say thank you then donate it to the library in the near future.
16. What is a lesser-known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or The Hunger Games?
Don’t know any.
17. Besides rambling, what is a bad habit you always have while blogging?
“Besides rambling” … I guess most bloggers ramble? 🙂
I use too many overused words.
18. What is your favorite word?
“Haunted”, “bliss”, “cascade”, “shiver”, and “crimson”
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Probably a bit of all of them!
20. Vampires or fairies? Why?
I prefer vampires because there’s something fascinating about their danger and complexity. Fairies can be as dangerous but I haven’t read any stories of them that quite match the vampires.
21. Shapeshifters or angels? Why?
Shapeshifters. Absolutely. I have always thought they were THE coolest thing and I have two shapeshifter stories of my own.
22. Spirits or werewolves? Why?
Werewolves. Vitto what I said about shape shifters.
23. Zombies or vampires?
24. Love triangle or forbidden love?
I prefer forbidden love. I don’t mind love triangles if they’re more one sided (one person likes another person who likes another person, or variations thereof) but if one person is leading on two people at once? No. It’s not a deal breaker for me but I don’t like it.
25. Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
You know, I don’t normally like action packed books, unless they are done really well. My favorite parts are always character arcs and character relationships (doesn’t have to be romantic) and beautiful writing is always a plus. However, I don’t like books too mushy and I prefer not to have love triangles. So I have to say, I’m divided here.
Feel free to fill out this tag on your own blog! And what is your favorite word(s)?