I was nominated for this tag by Heather at Sometimes I’m a Story. Thanks, Heather! Here are the rules:
- thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- put the award logo on your blog.
- answer the ten questions they’ve set you.
- make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- nominate ten people.
Here are Heather’s questions (with my answers):
1. You’re about to be thrown in jail with a fictional character of your choice—who is the character and how do you escape?
Leo Valdez from Heroes of Olympus. He would make some fancy machine to get us out. Easy peasy.
2. What is your favorite social media site?
You know, I don’t use much social media so I don’t have much to choose from. But I think it’s safe to go with Goodreads because … books. 🙂
3. If you were a deity [YOU], what sacrifices would you demand from your pilgrims?
Oooh, very creative question. Is it terribly boring to say none? Okay, it is. How about some chocolate? With peanut butter, for good measure.
4. Which is more important to you: a satisfying ending or relatable characters?
Definitely characters. I have given five stars to books with unsatisfactory endings. Amazing characters, believe it or not, are able to salvage terrible books, for me.
5. What is the hardest thing for you to write about?
I guess my personal life (outside of writing and reading), and my religious, ethical, and moral beliefs. They’re such very personal topics that it feels like revealing my soul (as it is) to write about them.
6. What are the top seven ways you would repurpose a lonely sock?
Make into a cat doll (because sock puppets are overrated)./Use as a bookmark./Turn it into a rag./Put it in the cooking set./Use as a portable trash bin./Cut it up and reuse for something entirely different./Wear it mismatched.
7. Do you have a favorite archetype to read or write?
Reading: The damaged and brooding antihero(ine) with a dark past. Okay, let’s be honest. It’s usually a guy. I usually prefer reading about guys than gals.
Writing: Quiet sarcastic IXTX (if you know of MBTI) twenty year old guy. Very specific, I know.
8. Has a book ever given you important wedding planning advice? (for example, Princess Bride, if you skip to ‘man and wife’ it doesn’t count)
According to The Betrothed, two people can go up to a priest and the groom says, “This is my wife” and the bride says “This is my husband” and they’re officially married.
Not sure how accurate that is …
9. In the event that you were forced to take a ride on top of a car, how would you secure yourself?
I would tie myself to the top with a rope, like a bicycle. If it wasn’t so stareworthy, I’d say it sounds pretty cool!
10. What is your favorite story no one has ever heard of?
Maybe The Machine Stops? Of course people have heard of it but it’s the most obscure book in my top twenty favorite books. I also like the short stories “The Bet”, “The Third Ingredient”, “Lodging for the Night”, and “Markheim”.
1. Favorite book(s)?
2. Favorite short story/stories?
3. If you could invent anything, what would it be?
4. Favorite song(s)?
And now, which of these best describe YOU?
5. Metal or wood
6. Glass or plastic
7. Hot or cold
8. Chocolate or peppermint
9. Salt or pepper
10. Hollow or dense
Rachel @ Secret Scribblings
Jamie @ Through Two Blue Eyes
Adriana @ Adriana Gabrielle Writes
Feel free to do this tag on your blog even if you’re not one of the nominees. Comment your link so I can read your post! 🙂